Thursday, June 11, 2015

Oregon Journey

I recently went to a retreat on the Oregon coast. It is an annual gathering of friends that met on Facebook. We have since become close and look forward to this retreat every spring. This year, I chose to drive myself instead of flying. I allowed a little over three days (which should have been four), and drove up the Pacific Coast Highway. For those of you who are not familiar with this, it is a beautiful, scenic highway that runs along the coastline of California. It continues into Oregon and Washington as U.S. Highway 101.


This was the first long trip that I have ever taken by myself, and it was a personal journey as well as a means to an end. I discovered the silence of my own thoughts, that eating a meal by oneself was not a scary thing, and that ending a trip by meeting good friends is pure joy.


Sharing with you a 2 page spread from the book I did to chronicle my journey.


Pixels2Pages "Celebration" blueprint; digital artwork by Jumpstart Designs "Beautiful Spirits Emerge" (available from the Panstoria store, see link on this page).

No comments:

Post a Comment